Many home renovations will enhance the value of your home, improve its appeal (for future buyers and investors) and make the functionality of your everyday living more enjoyable. But which renovation gets you a better return on your investment?
That can be difficult to decipher as it depends on the amount of money invested, alongside the products and quality materials you install and the workmanship of Calgary renovation companies. Therefore, some renovations might be worth more than others.
But one renovation stands out most for its consistent returns – plus its enjoyment to your everyday life – and that’s kitchen renovations.
What Factors Impact the Value of Your Kitchen Renovations in Calgary?
There are several factors that can impact the value of your kitchen renovation value, including:
- The quality and longevity of the materials you choose
- The quality of the kitchen appliances
- The extent of the work, such as the removal of your current kitchen
- The design, layout and structure of the kitchen itself
- The workmanship by renovators
Therefore, you should consider the above factors when estimating the value of your return.
How Much Will You Get Back From Your Kitchen Remodel?
Our research indicated that the following ROIs for kitchen renovations:
- According to Remodeling magazine’s Cost Vs. Value Report, a minor kitchen remodel costs $23,452 and homeowners recoup $18,206, making it a 77.6% mark-up.
- Dave Ramsey states that “the national average ROI for a major upscale kitchen remodel is almost 54%. That means you recoup about $68,000 after spending around $126,000”.
It can be difficult to decipher how much you’ll get back for your investment without speaking directly to renovation companies. They can offer insight into what materials and designs can enhance your kitchen living.
How To Make the Most Out of Your Kitchen Renovations
There are a few ways to make the most out of your kitchen renovations:
- Purchasing high-quality material, such as backsplashes, ceramic and porcelain tiles and countertops, and using appliances, including stove, fridges and other products
- Adopting and changing your kitchen to the latest styles, or reverting back to classic design that never fade. This should include lighting and flooring as well, as they majorly impact your kitchen design and layout.
- Hiring leading Calgary renovation companies that thrive on delivering quality workmanship, thereby elevating the quality of your work
Bringing together a combination of these factors can result in you producing a better quality kitchen that enhances your investment, improves your livability and functionality, while providing absolutely worth it.
Trademark Renovations is the leading renovations company in Calgary. With over 30 years of experience, a wealth of design and building knowledge, and numerous consumer choice awards. Our commitment to producing outstanding work, and offering honest, transparent customer service, is why the industry regularly recognizes us. Whether you are looking for new home additions in Calgary or a new kitchen, we are your trusted company. Contact us at 403-277-5600.